Welcome to Melissa Roe's Photography blog site!! I'm glad you're stopping by and taking a look at my 1st attempt in blogging. This is also another way to explore opportunities in my photography business. I love, love, love taking photos and capturing that moment when you least expect it. My specialties are families, children, Seniors, bridals, engagements, & weddings. Of course a challenge along the way is something I'm up for any day of the week!

You may notice that I've posted personal events and moments that happen in my own life. This blog is meant for me to express how photography has changed my life and to show just how much I love snapping photo's of my family, a bride, or a special event, etc.

Enjoy your stay and be sure to leave a comment as to what you think or send me an email at melissaroephotography2010@yahoo.com....hope to hear from you!

(Scroll down for my contact information)

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Classic Chevy Coupe w/my new 50mm

All I can say about my father-in-law's 1938 Chevy Coupe is, "WOW"!  It's one of the most beautiful things I've seen. I have a photo the day Mr. Roy's car was delivered from Missouri....from Missouri I tell you!  He has always wanted a car like this since he was young.  Now that he's older and has the finances to own one, he sure as heck got one as soon as he could.  So, I'm here to give you a "look & see" of what sits in his driveway!

  
 1/500  f/2.0  200iso




Let me tell you a bit about my father -in-law.  He's a very man's man.  He's a hard working man, husband, and father and has always been. I've never heard a bad thing about him, (other than normal dad stuff), since I've been married to my husband for the past 15 years.  Mr. Roy is a person that doesn't show off what he has earned over the years or has to please anyone but himself.  He doesn't worry what other people think of him or what they might say.  All I know is that he has all the respect of his family and friends and that the people that he surrounds himself with know who is really is and what he's made of.  And what he's made of must be the strongest stuff God has because this man will never break!  We love him and even though he might not say it....we know and so does he! 
1/2500   f/1.8  1600iso


Trying to get a cool shot of the door handle.  1/2000  f/2.2  200iso


1/2000  f.2.8  200iso

Took this shot with the camera on my chest.  1/200  f/2.2  200iso



Ah-ha, found the shot of my Mr. Roy waiting for this special car to arrive on that early morning!

I did no editing on this baby...my camera was fogging up due to the humidity that morning and I was trying to get a shot before I headed off to work.  I love how the sun hits the car on the hood and the "bloom" from the humidity.
And only he knows what going through his mind at that moment, but can't you just imagine what he's thinking?

I captured something special :-)

2 comments:

  1. sweeeeeet shallow depth of field...

    not to mention some mighty fine sweet words about Uncle Roy. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots with the new lens!! Love your perspective!

    ReplyDelete