Welcome to Melissa Roe's Photography blog site!! I'm glad you're stopping by and taking a look at my 1st attempt in blogging. This is also another way to explore opportunities in my photography business. I love, love, love taking photos and capturing that moment when you least expect it. My specialties are families, children, Seniors, bridals, engagements, & weddings. Of course a challenge along the way is something I'm up for any day of the week!

You may notice that I've posted personal events and moments that happen in my own life. This blog is meant for me to express how photography has changed my life and to show just how much I love snapping photo's of my family, a bride, or a special event, etc.

Enjoy your stay and be sure to leave a comment as to what you think or send me an email at melissaroephotography2010@yahoo.com....hope to hear from you!

(Scroll down for my contact information)

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Miranda's Baby Shower

It was cold, wet, and nasty on a Saturday afternoon in Colyell, La.  But that didn't stir away guests at this Baby Shower...it sure didn't stop Cameron and I!  I have to say, Miranda's baby shower has lots of "Wow" factor up in it!  From the decorations, the food, the gifts, and the amount of guests.  I've never, ever seen so many family and friends at a baby shower before.  It was very touching to see so many people who love and adore Miranda to be there by her side for the beginning stages of motherhood.  Celebrating an upcoming birth of her first child, Caz Lea, a baby boy for that matter.  I texted Miranda the day before to make sure it was ok that I snap some photo's during the shower, and she said yes.  I captured several, and I'm sure everyone captured more, but I didn't want to over due things, so I snapped when I felt it was needed.  My daughter and I had a great time and the food was wonderful.  They even served eggrolls, that was a first for me!  


 I met Miranda a couple of years ago through our close friend Cody Lea.  My husband, Roy, used to work with him in Denham years ago.  Cody and Miranda were dating for awhile when Cody introduced us to her.  I have to say, my memory is getting pretty bad, but I remember first meeting Miranda and thinking to myself that they seemed so happy being together.  We laughed and cut up and then around the corner, their wedding came and went.  And then, of course, we heard the baby news and couldn't be any happier for them.  Then the news came that Miranda was in labor Tuesday, Jan. 25th at Women's Hospital.  The next news was that they had a healthy baby boy the very next day.  So Happy Birthday Caz Lea....1/26/2011...and 
congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Cody Lea!

We wish you all the best :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment