Welcome to Melissa Roe's Photography blog site!! I'm glad you're stopping by and taking a look at my 1st attempt in blogging. This is also another way to explore opportunities in my photography business. I love, love, love taking photos and capturing that moment when you least expect it. My specialties are families, children, Seniors, bridals, engagements, & weddings. Of course a challenge along the way is something I'm up for any day of the week!

You may notice that I've posted personal events and moments that happen in my own life. This blog is meant for me to express how photography has changed my life and to show just how much I love snapping photo's of my family, a bride, or a special event, etc.

Enjoy your stay and be sure to leave a comment as to what you think or send me an email at melissaroephotography2010@yahoo.com....hope to hear from you!

(Scroll down for my contact information)

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Girl Scout SWAP meet!

If you're a Girl Scout mom, then you'll completely understand my love for this organization.  Our troop is preparing for Camp Marydale next month and this GS meeting we worked on "Swaps".  Again, if your involved in GS's then you know exactly what these things are.  If your clueless, let me fill you in.
(Scroll down)

Troop 46's version of binoculars...cute huh?  Thanks to our wonderful Troop Leader, Mrs. Susan :-)

Swap Journals

Archery targets...finished products being held by our Asst. Troop Leader, Mrs. Dee :-)
  
SWAPS are little memorabilia that each GS troop makes to share and trade with other troops during camp.  It's more of a token item of what girls bring, what they use, and what activity they are doing during camp time.  This swapping time gives our girls a chance to make new friends and meet other girls from different troops in our area.  Cause sitting around a camp fire all day isn't the only thing they do!  Even though some moms may enjoy that more than running around after 10 yr. olds all day.

Our Troop also has to give a "Shout-out" to our awesome leader, Mrs. Susan.  With out her organizational skills and creative talent, our troop wouldn't be as much fun.  She is a talent all her own and we all love and enjoy her leadership!!  Great job again Mrs. Susan!



Check out the date of this Girl Scout song book.




     

1 comment: