Welcome to Melissa Roe's Photography blog site!! I'm glad you're stopping by and taking a look at my 1st attempt in blogging. This is also another way to explore opportunities in my photography business. I love, love, love taking photos and capturing that moment when you least expect it. My specialties are families, children, Seniors, bridals, engagements, & weddings. Of course a challenge along the way is something I'm up for any day of the week!

You may notice that I've posted personal events and moments that happen in my own life. This blog is meant for me to express how photography has changed my life and to show just how much I love snapping photo's of my family, a bride, or a special event, etc.

Enjoy your stay and be sure to leave a comment as to what you think or send me an email at melissaroephotography2010@yahoo.com....hope to hear from you!

(Scroll down for my contact information)

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Going to Grandma's!

It's been about 9 years since I've seen my Maw-maw Johnson in Alabama since my Paw-paw passed away.  Not keeping in touch with my grandmother has been the hardest thing now for me to even bear.  I'm still not sure why I didn't call once every few months, but I just didn't.  I think back and realize that maybe it was my grandfather passing away that was so hard for me to deal with, so NOT dealing with it was easiest.  I know now how stupid that is and calling my grandstander up just out of the blue made me happy and her as well.  I will never do anything crazy like that again.

My family and I decided to take a road trip to visit her and my Uncle and his family.  It was the best 4 hours I've spent in a car in a LOOOOONG time!!  Didn't seem to take us long to get there, but the over night visit went by dreadfully fast!  We were able to catch up and have some good eatin's too!  The best thing about my grandmother is that she loves to cook and does it very well.  We talked, ate, visited, talked, ate more, and talked till the sun went down.  I was able to introduce my family to my Uncle Greg, Aunt Rhonda, and my cousin Kyle, who are BIG Bama fans.  I had to be introduced myself to them since it's been so long!  

We all had a blast and can't wait to plan another road trip!  Next time, we will definitely stay a little longer.  And make sure to bring everyone lots of PURPLE & GOLD!

Love ya Maw-maw Johnson
(Love ya too Paw-paw)









No comments:

Post a Comment