Welcome to Melissa Roe's Photography blog site!! I'm glad you're stopping by and taking a look at my 1st attempt in blogging. This is also another way to explore opportunities in my photography business. I love, love, love taking photos and capturing that moment when you least expect it. My specialties are families, children, Seniors, bridals, engagements, & weddings. Of course a challenge along the way is something I'm up for any day of the week!

You may notice that I've posted personal events and moments that happen in my own life. This blog is meant for me to express how photography has changed my life and to show just how much I love snapping photo's of my family, a bride, or a special event, etc.

Enjoy your stay and be sure to leave a comment as to what you think or send me an email at melissaroephotography2010@yahoo.com....hope to hear from you!

(Scroll down for my contact information)

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Dancing Queen!



Let me introduce you to my mother-in-law, the "Dancing Queen", aka Shirley!!  Now I can tell you that back in her day, she WAS literally a dancing queen!  I've heard story after story about how Mrs. Shirley like to boogie-woogie on the dance floor with Mr. Roy Sr.  It's very rare that you can catch her in dancing mood!  I was lucky enough to do that this past week.

One of my husband's Christmas gift was an iTunes card and he decided to download some tunes that obviously got Shirley to loosen up and shake a leg!  The music was for him and his father to listen to while they were both outside relaxing.  As Shirley and I were cleaning and cooking we happened to open the kitchen window to let some cool air in, but instead we let the cool air bring in some all time good music!  

So we both headed outside to take a closer listen and as I began to shake my butt, Shirley decided to shake hers too!  I had to run and grab my camera.  As I returned she was already out of breath from all the dancing I missed.  But she still had some energy to "shake" it a little more...just enough for me to capture these photos!

Thanks Shirley Jean for the great snapshots and the laughs!  Love darling :-)

Melissa  

2 comments:

  1. Wish I coulda been there. Good, good timin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so FUN!! You have no idea how big my smile is looking at Shirley Jean dancin' on the carport!!

    ReplyDelete