Welcome to Melissa Roe's Photography blog site!! I'm glad you're stopping by and taking a look at my 1st attempt in blogging. This is also another way to explore opportunities in my photography business. I love, love, love taking photos and capturing that moment when you least expect it. My specialties are families, children, Seniors, bridals, engagements, & weddings. Of course a challenge along the way is something I'm up for any day of the week!

You may notice that I've posted personal events and moments that happen in my own life. This blog is meant for me to express how photography has changed my life and to show just how much I love snapping photo's of my family, a bride, or a special event, etc.

Enjoy your stay and be sure to leave a comment as to what you think or send me an email at melissaroephotography2010@yahoo.com....hope to hear from you!

(Scroll down for my contact information)

Friday, February 4, 2011

Daniel's Photo Session

Introducing Daniel, my very 1st head-shot model.  I decided to take him to the levee downtown to capture, what I thought, would be excellent photos.  Well, uummmm, I think I did pretty good, don't you think?  

Here are some samples: 




This shot has story too!  We met at a Chili's restaurant since he worked at one and didn't really know his way around Baton Rouge.  Like I do...and I've lived here all my life, LOL!  As I was waiting, I took my camera, and went scouting for photo op spots around the parking lot.  The light outside was great and I just thought, "Why not"?  So walking around Chili's, and around an abandoned parking lot next door, then to the back of a hotel, I found this spot. So, when he shows up, I take him behind a hotel, in the parking lot where the garbage dumpsters are and captured this of a doozie head-shot.  He's laying on the asphalt, arms leaning on the curb and the greenery is growing up against the fence separating the hotel parking lot from another business.  What a great sport he was listening to me!    



Daniel was great to work with and so easy going.  Luckily I had some help from a mutual friend, plus she was the one to refer me since she knew I dabbled in photography.  This kid, I'll call him kid since he was only in his early 20's, had done some modeling before.  As you can tell he looks like an Abercrombie & Fitch kinda guy.  We walked all over downtown, laughing, posing, talking, posing, joking, and MORE POSING!  We spent about 2 hours down there and had a blast.  By the end of the evening, I was sweating and hoping I captured great shots, and he was a doll.  

The last photo on my post of him is my favorite.  It's right next to the Miss. River by the large concrete steps and the sun had already set.  The street lights were on and I had just enough natural light and light from my flash to make this photo happen.  I think this would look great outside Abercrombie & Fitch, don't you?

Thanks Daniel for being such a great model!    

No comments:

Post a Comment