Welcome to Melissa Roe's Photography blog site!! I'm glad you're stopping by and taking a look at my 1st attempt in blogging. This is also another way to explore opportunities in my photography business. I love, love, love taking photos and capturing that moment when you least expect it. My specialties are families, children, Seniors, bridals, engagements, & weddings. Of course a challenge along the way is something I'm up for any day of the week!

You may notice that I've posted personal events and moments that happen in my own life. This blog is meant for me to express how photography has changed my life and to show just how much I love snapping photo's of my family, a bride, or a special event, etc.

Enjoy your stay and be sure to leave a comment as to what you think or send me an email at melissaroephotography2010@yahoo.com....hope to hear from you!

(Scroll down for my contact information)

Saturday, February 5, 2011

R.O.D.S. Car Show

***Be sure to scroll down to view the photo gallery***



It's the weekend and the sun's out and the weather couldn't be better.  So what do we have planned...a car show that my father-in-law entered.  He entered his 1938 Chevy Coupe in the R.O.D.S. (Ramblin Oldies of Denham Springs) car show in Baton Rouge.  His 1st ever!  Him and my husband have been planning for this for about a week now and they just couldn't wait to roll that beautiful car downtown.  They were both up pretty darn early wiping it down and making it all spark-lie.  Cleaning the windows and shining up the engine.  Cause you know men and their cars, it's not just the outside their looking at it's the whole sha-bang, inside and out!  I guess around noon time, me, Cameron, and my mother-in-law headed to Baton Rouge to see what all the fuss was about.  When we got off I-12 at Airline, all we could see to the left of our eyes was the shining of red, yellow, purple, and every color you could think of beaming in the sunlight.  Once we found our parking spot, I grabbed my camera and made Cameron take the camcorder.  We headed off into vintage car heaven!  Since I've really never been to a car show before, this was going to be an experience.    

My Roy getting the Chevy cleaned up before the big show!



I can say, we all had a GREAT time.  They had music, food, and free popcorn!  The men certainly enjoyed themselves with the sites and many conversations with other guys that were just as interested in the cars as they were.  Walking around and checking out all the different types of cars and hot rod's was like living back in the 1950's, it was pretty cool!  And of course I snapped away and took over 100 photo's that day.  We still have one more day to enjoy the cars since Sunday will be the big judging day where they hand out prizes and awards...I think?  Well, we'll just have to wait and see...but that's a whole other post!




I had to get a snap-shot of Cameron next to the baby pink car!



No comments:

Post a Comment